As this little website begins its third year, I've come to realize that in all this time, and over hundreds of posts, I have shared very little about myself. Sure, you've likely grown tired of rants about hotel bedspreads or a lack of suitable iced coffee, but aside from that I've given you virtually zero insight into who I am as a person. This has been mostly by design, in an effort to protect this space from the overriding geekdom which in real life I find impossible to contain. Still, after three years you have a right to know and the time has come to bare more of soul.
|Seemed like a good place to take a nap.|
- I have never been to... Chicago, Boston, Seattle, Canada or Italy. All places I feel like I should have seen by now.
- I read maps for fun, and won the middle school geography bee in 6th and 8th grades.
- In high school, I wore a polo, khakis, and boat shoes without socks nearly every day.
- I totaled my first car.
- I paid for a new car by selling pool tables on eBay which I purchased on WalMart.com.
- I'm a diehard fan of the Florida Gators but my diploma reads University of Central Florida.
|Doing the Gator Chomp on the field.|
- Some say my personality resembles that of Sheldon Cooper. I like to think of myself as Daniel Ocean.
- I walk like a duck.
- I have consumed more Entenmann's chocolate donuts than Homer Simpson. So many, that they got a mention in my wedding vows.
- We have a dog and cat. The cat is mine, the dog is MJ's.
- My Pandora stations are: The Beatles, Katy Perry, Bruno Mars, Jay-Z, U2, and Tupac.
- I have never seen Rocky, Gone with the Wind, Superman, It's A Wonderful Life, or Jaws.
|I have a thing for Princess Jasmine|
- Despite my taste for haute cuisine, my favorite meal is still Mom's country fried steak with mashed potatoes.
- I pronounce "Oysters" as Oyshturs.
- I ate an entire pan of Pillsbury cinnamon rolls...once.
- I started drinking iced coffee when I was 16, and can count on one hand the number of times I've had it hot.
- A golf club was put into my hand shortly after I learned to walk. I have never had a hole-in-one.
- Rachel Hunter once called me "baby."
- Richard Simmons said I was "cute as a button."
- MJ says I am book smart but lack common sense. I strongly disagree.
- I've never had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
Whew...that felt good. I fully understand, however, if these revelations bring our relationship to an abrupt end. On the other hand, if you decide to stick around, I promise that next time I bare my soul it will be in much smaller doses, so as to prevent the onset of shock and/or cardiac arrest. Now it is your turn to join in the fun...
What's one thing that I don't know about you?
Enjoy Your Stay